Scholarship Granting Organization
Donations made to support the mission of St. Francis de Sales may now qualify for an Ohio income tax credit. On May 5, 2023, the St. Francis de Sales High School Foundation was certified as a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). This certification allows donors to take advantage of an Ohio income tax credit passed by the Ohio legislature for donations made to certified SGOs. The Ohio income tax credit is up to $750 per individual and $1,500 per joint Ohio tax return.
The Ohio law pertaining to the tax credit may be found in Section 5747.73 - Credit for donations to scholarship organizations. Relevant links are noted below.
- Why is this important to St Francis de Sales?
- What is the amount of the tax credit?
- Why am I receiving a letter from the SFS Foundation when I donate to SFS?
- How will donations to the SFS Foundation be used?
- Can I take advantage of the Ohio tax credit by supporting an endowed fund?
- Are corporations eligible for the credit?
- Are businesses eligible for the credit?
- How can I make my contribution?
- Do gifts of securities qualify for the SGO credit?
- Will I receive an acknowledgment that my gift qualifies for the SGO?